Friday, May 13, 2011

Thursday Has an Excuse!!!!

I did not post because blogger was down and wouldn't let me on!!!! Don't punish me!!! Please?

And now that I've plead with you, I would like to say marhaban and salaam aleikum to everyone (which is hello and peace be with you in transliterated Arabic). Today (Thursday, we're goin to pretend this is on time) was a good day. I only had a half day in class, I'm learning good Arabic, and I went and made brownies for my sick boyfriend, and we watched Game of Thrones together (which has become a weekly thing and is very enjoyable). Even better, tomorrow (that's right, Friday), there will be a mini festival of sorts called Language Day where a whole bunch of people from different languages and backgrounds put on little performances displaying their different cultures. Also, there will be food stalls set up all over with food from the different areas (I will eat a chicken kebab, and it will be delicious). There, I will also buy a beautiful black robe with golden embrodery from Morocco at a tent there (along wiht a head scarf and a bracelet-ring thing).



Sorry, you can't see the robe in this picture (from the future!).

And now, my bucket list.

1. I want to learn a foreign language. Technically, I'm already doing this, so I guess this will get checked off pretty quick.

2. I want to see the Aurora Borealis. I haven't yet, and I've wanted to ever since I read The Golden Compass (or saw Brother Bear, not sure which came first).

3. I want to meet Bruce Willis, Matt Damon, and Zooey Deschanel. I love all of these actors, and I think they would be the coolest to actually meet.

4. I want to see how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop. The world will know!!

5. I want to play with penguins. Do you really need to ask why?

6. Visit an Arabic country and speak only Arabic. Hopefully, this will be possible soon :).

7. Remake Eragon. It deserves so much better than what it got. Like seriously, you're going to change the entire story and expect the fans to still enjoy it? However, I will bring back Djimon Honsou because he was so perfectly cast. But sorry Ed Speelers, you sorta can't act that good (is it strange that I still remember his name, I bet I'm the only person who does).

8. Live in a box for a year.

Well, those are all I can think of for now, though there are probably more. Now, I'm going to go see Thor in my new Morrocan robe, which is actually from Casablanca (We'll always have Paris). Peace and Penguins to you all.

1 comment:

  1. I think we can let you off the hook for punishment. We shouldn't punish each other for technologies failures. :) That's my opinion, anyway.

    And we can go see the aurora borealis together! :)

    ReplyDelete