Friday, May 6, 2011

It's Friday, I'm here, I'm blogging!

I can't believe it's already been two months! It's at that point where the novelty of blogging every Friday has worn off a bit, but it hasn't completely become a habit, so I keep almost forgetting to post. I dread the day when I actually forget and am subjected to a punishment, I know it will be terrible. :)

While reading your guys posts this week, I realized that I think someone asked me before what instrument I used to play in orchestra and I never answered. I played..... the violin! Wasn't the suspense worth it?

Sooo, what's up with me? Well, I graduated on Saturday! I was a lot more emotional about it than I thought I would be, though I didn't cry. I'm glad to have all the ceremonies over with, but I am sad to leave college behind. Also, the whole thing has made me realize how much I really do like school. Just a few weeks out of college and I already really want to be back in school. Crossing my fingers I get into grad school! Besides graduation, the past week has been quite uneventful. I started working full time at the Psychology lab that I've been in for the past two years. However, everyone else in the lab is in China visiting our partner lab right now, so I'm alone at work during the day. Then I get home to my apartment where, yet again, I am all alone as both my roommates went home to visit their families for a bit after graduation. The past few days have been filled with lots of tv watching and youtubing. I started seriously watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I've seen a lot of it because my roommate is obsessed, but I never actually sat down and watched episodes in order, so that's my new project (in addition to finishing Firefly). Ohh, also in response to Cassie, I have been very tempted many, many times to just marathon through Firefly online, but I'm trying to watch just one a week as they're reaired so as to prolong the wonderfulness- they're almost done though, just 3 more if my count is correct.

As you guys can see, nothing of extreme interest to report this week. I am reading three books at the same time seeing as I suddenly have copious amounts of free time. I'm reading The Book Thief, Lolita, and Anansi Boys. I actually started reading Anansi Boys and The Book Thief awhile ago, but had to put them on hold when schoolwork really amped up, but I'm finishing them now! I'm not far enough into The Book Thief yet to give an opinion (though we know Cassie speaks very highly of it), but I'm about halfway through Anansi Boys now and I'm loving it. I can't wait to read more Neil Gaiman. And to see his episode of Doctor Who in about a week!

Cassie: I like the idea of having projects. What do you guys think of also doing something where we send each other things or send around one object that we all put in pictures or something like that? Like the traveling pants except.... not... and cooler.

Alexandra: Your wedding rings are so pretty! The first thing I thought when I saw them was that they look like something out of Lord of the Rings.

Carlyn: That. Alot. Is. Awesome. I also like the sound of your handmade planners. I've been searching for a better planner myself. They're surprisingly expensive! And congratulations on graduation this weekend! I'll see you on the other side next week. :P

Casey: I'm sorry about your grandpa and my thoughts are with your family. Those riddles are pretty tricky... I can't think of an answer to the second (I'll keep trying though), but as for the first riddle: one person!

Okay, I must be off because I'm supposed to pick up a friend to go to another friend's house where we're going in his hot tub! I'll see/read you on Monday, Cassie!

No comments:

Post a Comment