Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Wednesday says hello!

Casey: Zzzzz… Oh! Sorry! I mean... I admire your creativity :)

Christina: More agreement with the punishment thing.

Cassie: I love the idea of Kate’s biography. I will definitely buy/read it. I had several imaginary brothers when I was growing up (since I have just one sister, and always felt deprived of male sibling rivalry). Their names all began with S, but the only one’s name I can remember is Severus. He was several years older than my sister and me.

Alexandra: I love the true story of Takeshi. It’s fascinating to me how people come into our lives and change things all around. He sounds very important to who you are!

The past couple of weeks have been pretty awesome. I visited my near-future grad school, registered for classes, planned out the rest of my degree, and signed a lease for an AWESOME apartment (!!!!). Soon after I got back, I got an email from one of my psych professors asking if I wanted to work in her lab. I met with her for what I thought was an interview and turned into, “Okay, you’ll get paid this much, work this many hours a week, and be titled ‘lab manager of the psycholinguistics department. Let’s go fill out paperwork.” So, I have an unexpected part-time summer job in my field!

In terms of other things, I am quite delighted with my friendships this summer. At the end of the school year, I was looking forward to the people who would be sticking around in our little college town. I was right to be excited! But I didn’t even know then how awesome these people are. I have had such a wonderful time better getting to know the people in my life.

I don’t know about y’all, but I am having a hard time deciding what to do with my four hours of public alone time. I hope you’re having fun with it!

Have a good Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment