Thursday, June 16, 2011

Everybody calm down! Thursday is right here!

First of all, I'm really sorry for being M.I.A. last week. I'm having a truly wonderful month, what with two tests per week until July. And I did do the challenge, I was just to busy/lazy to post it up (how's that for a contradiction?). However, I will happily tell you about my four hours of doing something I normally never do, which was spend four hours in a Target. Here is how it went:

Hour One (4:13 PM): Sooo hungry. Eat pizza and rice krispie treat from the small food court inside, and am about to feel fat, but I see some of the other people shopping nearby and feel very happy about my body. Still, glad my vitaminwater was 0 calorie. (4:34 PM) Finish eating, and begin to look around. I think I'll look at clothes.

Hour Two (5:13 PM): A little bit bored, but still trying on clothes and can keep doing this for a bit so I have something to do. Might find some cute clothes.

Hour Three (6:13 PM): Was finally done trying clothes, so I went to look at the DVDs after briefly scoffing at the book selection (seriously, really annoyed that Justin Beiber has a book about himself, at that my little sister wants it). I think I will buy Bye Bye Birdie (I'm a sucker for Dick Van Dyke), and Becoming Jane (because I love James McAvoy's eyes and I would probably go gay for Anne Hatheway). After this, I think I will head to the toys.

Hour Four (7:13 PM): Actually slept through the mark because on the way to toys I found a comfy chair in a place without prying eyes and stopped to sleep (very tired lately). After that, looked at toys and sports stuff, and I want to buy a bike but it won't fit in the back of my car, so I'll hold off for now. Instead, I decide to buy a puzzle (2000 piece cuz I'm that hardcore) of the Sistine Chapel ceiling to do with my boyfriend. However, I'm quickly getting bored, and with 20 minutes left, I head to the makeup section to see if there actually is a foundation that matches my pale vampire skin.

(8:13 PM): Time's up and I can go home!

Those are partially from my notes and from remembered feelings. Sorry if it's very disjointed in style.

And...what I look forward to this summer is, of course, Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 2, because this time I'm going to dress up. I bought a Gryfindoor tie (cuz Hufflepuff wasn't being sold) and learned how to tie a full Windsor knot, and I even have a robe and everything :). I never got to participate in any of the book parties or movie parties, and this is me making up a little bit for the past. I was a Harry Potter nerd for a good 6 years of my life (that's complete hero worship mode I'm talking; think Bella's devotion to Edward only Harry's much more lifelike) to full on obsession with the series, and only the last 3 years of my life have been what could be considered normal.

Also, I mentioned already that June is ruined with tests, right? The army doesn't believe in summer vacation, so except for the 4th of July weekend, I don't get any big length of vacation time. But, I really do enjoy what I'm doing, so I'll keep doing it!

My opinion on children: They are very underestimated by adults (including myself) who forget how strong and determined and full of potential they were as children. J.K. Rowling is right by showing how great accomplishments can be acheived by kids, and we ignore their opinions and acheivements to our detriment. I don't want to have kids right now, but I am working on creating a better relationship with the youth of today, if anything so I can convince them that there is more to life than Justin Beiber, Hannah Montana, and Spongebob. And for the kids who know that those things are crap and are busy creating something, like performance art, or scientific research, or just reading a crapload of books trying to figure out the world, I say rock on and power to you!

Hopefully I'll be back in sync with you all soon. And looking forward to my punishment!

No comments:

Post a Comment