Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Wednesday's chillin'

Casey: ::looks around:: Are you there? Do we need to send a search party??

Christina: A good slew of internetactivities!

Cassie: CASTLE! There’s a building that looks almost like a castle in the middle of downtown in my new city. I’m going to have to explore.

Alexandra: I can’t wait to see more pictures of the wedding! It sounds just wonderful.

So I’m all settled into my new home. I have been for a little while, but now I’m officially unpacked and started with classes. I’m three down, one to go in terms of classes, and they’re awesome so far. I think my cohort is going to be a really fun one. It’s an eclectic mix of people, and I’m really enjoying getting to know people.

As much as I am loving this new life-building experience, it’s still quite new. I miss my family, my friends, my girlfriend… it’s a bit tough. But thank goodness for technology! I still get to talk to people regularly, and I am much looking forward to a long-weekend visit from a delightful lady of mine. (She's the best thing ever, and I miss her terribly.)

In the meantime, I’m finding ways to settle in. I found a Chinese food place that delivers the best General Tso’s chicken I’ve ever eaten. There’s a smoothie place down the street that’s to die for. I’ve started hanging out with friends and opening up to them about myself and enjoying getting to know them similarly.

By this time next week, I’ll have more of an update about specific classes. This week is Syllabus and Introduction week; I’ve heard introductions from the same thirty people about four times now.

I hope everyone is enjoying life! And Casey, I hope we get to hear from you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment