Thursday, April 7, 2011

Rebecca Black should have made a song called "Thursday"

Alright, let's get right into this. Questions, I shall answer ye! Hogwarts House: I am a Hufflepuff. It's true that I'm probably smart enough to be a Ravenclaw (the kids in my class pick on me by calling a sponge because I can sleep in class and still do well), and I'm fairly cunning, so I could be a Slytherin. I'm not very brave, so Gryffindor's out of the question. So, while I could be Slytherin or Ravenclaw, I really wouldn't want to pinhole myself into those areas. Hufflepuff seems like it's a house of the most diverse people. Really, the only thing we share in common with each other is that we are loyal to our friends, and will fight for what we believe (witness: Battle of Hogwarts). Also, I'm sorta lazy (i.e. very lazy) so Hufflepuff seems like a good house to be in. Also, they have the best parties :). Internet: My favorite thing about the internet is the Rick Roll. No, seriously. The guy looks like a total dweeb (how long since you've heard that word?) but has the voice of an angel (a rugged manly angel). Although really, I'm in love with just about any internet meme. I love Peanut Butter Jelly, The Llama Song, Badger Badger, and Numa Numa, plus all the others. I picture myself as a budding pop-culturist and internet culture is one of my favorite subdivision of pop culture. Not only do you have Vlogbrothers, Rhett and Link, Tobuscus, and sxephil, but you've also got the anonymous people who make videos that go viral because they are so annoying. I love that. I think that if Charlie Bit My Finger can get big, so can the video of my spasming finger that I filmed after a really late night (though I have yet to actually post this anywhere). And now, for the main event! Because I've been given license to talk about anything, I think I might rant for a little bit. Really, government, you're not going to pay your workers? You have senators making hundreds of thousands of dollars, but you can't figure out a budget to pay your military and DoD employees? I'm in the Army (well, National Guard), so I'm going to feel this lack of pay come April 15th. What about those soldiers overseas who have husbands and wives back home who live off of that government paycheck? I know that I'm going to have problems paying my bills, and all I have is rent, car, insurance, and phone bill. I don't have to support a spouse or children, just my lazy self. And without a budget, the first people to not get paid are going to be the civilians who work for the DoD, and they will likely not come to work without their pay, and believe me when I tell you that it's going to be really hard to work any sort of Army base without civilians. Even something as simple as getting food from the dining facility or going to class for either Advanced Individual Training (AIT) or language training like I'm currently receiving will become a big issue. Would you go to work if you weren't getting paid? Truth is, I'm really worried about the future and this issue is not helping it out. I don't want to worry about not being able to pay my bills when I'd rather worry about whether Apple is going to eventually make a Squib and soon pull a Ken Castle from Gamer and remove free will through the use of nanobots. Also, one of the things that pisses me off like none other is people who protest funerals. Especially the funerals of those who died serving their country. I was at AIT when I heard about the Marine whose funeral was disturbed by picketing bigots from Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka, Kansas, and the only word I can use to describe my reaction is outraged. It was only after doing some research (like, five minutes on Google to be completely honest with you) that I found out that the group protesting that funeral also hounds other military funerals because they believe God is punishing them for belonging to a military that allows gay people entry under "Don't Ask, Don't Tell." Really? It's not enought to be protesting a funeral, one of the most sacred rites humans perform dating to the cave man era, but you're protesting it because you don't like gay people? Please tell me that you want to drive down to Kansas right now and slap the leader of this group silly, because I know I do. Everything I read about this just makes my blood boil more, and pretty soon I'm going to be mad enough to punch a baby. These people are the reason I don't follow believe in Christianity (or any other religion for that matter) anymore. I believe in God, but I don't believe in people doing completely horrible things to their fellow man in order to please him, because if I were him (and in a way I am, after all, my God is based on my personal beliefs) I'd judge people on whether they were worthy of heaven or not based on how they treat their fellow humans (oh wait, isn't that already a Christian doctrine? Judge not, lest ye be judged?). But yeah, not only is this group from Kansas giving God a bad name, but they are trying to demean gay rights and the rights of human beings to be properly interned. So, Westboro Baptist Church, I promised myself I wouldn't swear on this blog so as to make it family-friendly, but I shall tell you that I hope there is a very special place in Hell for you (with the pedophiles and people who talk at the theater). Okay, rants over. Can't wait to see you next week. Christina, can't wait to see you tomorrow. Peace and Penguins. We really need to find a way to get the word out about this blog, because while 9 followers are great, we'd like to find more Nerdfighters who like to read what we are thinking :).

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, Westboro Baptist gets my ire up as well. I can't stand Christians who make the rest of us look bad by being hypocritical and intolerant.

    But yay Firefly quote?

    About bumping views, I did start a thread on the forum back when we start this thing. If all five of us bump it whenever we post, or at least every week, more people might see it. I've also been posting links on Facebook and LiveJournal.

    ReplyDelete