Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Wednesday recalls her sister's birth

Christina: I love the story about your grandmother and her daughters! She sounds like a woman ahead of her time, and took her daughters along for the right. That’s so awesome.

Cassie: Your siblings are awesome.

My earliest memories!

My very, very earliest memory is of the car telephone my parents used to have in the 80’s-something Camry they had when I was a baby. This memory is vague, but it occurred before I was 18 months old, because we got rid of that phone when I turned that old.

My second-earliest memory is, much like Cassie’s, that of my sister’s birth when I was two and a half years old. I don’t remember much about it, apart from being in a very dark room, with a beam of light coming down from the ceiling to the hospital bed where my mother was laying, holding my brand new little sister. I climbed up on the bed—and that’s where my memory ends. There have been 20 years of memories of my sister since then, both good and bad, but that’s the first one I have.

And now, in the interests of time, that’s the end of my post for the week! Hope you are all doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment