Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Wednesday is a bit of a people person

Cassie: I like Meghan’s Little Things too : ) And the story about how your grandparents met is ADORABLE. AND Book Thief is amazing.

Alexandra: The new Sherlock is wonderful!

And now for what makes me happy.

Most of it has to do with people.

My family makes me happy. We’ve already had a post on family, so I won’t go into detail now, but my parents and sister are the most wonderful foundation a person could ever hope to have. More extensively, my grandmother and aunts, uncles, and cousins are pretty awesome. My grandma is the only one I know well, but everyone else is fun too. (I also include my girlfriend in my idea of family. I don’t want to get all mushy, and she knows how I feel, but I love her immensely.)

I love getting to know other people, too. I enjoy my friends, old and new. I love maintaining friendships (though goodness knows I could use some work at it) and building new ones.

In terms of my own personhood, I really like getting to know myself better and understanding where I fit in the world. Right now, that means developing facets of myself to become a better counselor, daughter, sister, and girlfriend (in no particular order, of course).

I like lots of other things, too, of course. But it’s the people that make me happiest.

That’s all for now! I hope everyone is having a great 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment