Friday, September 9, 2011
Friday has watched some very bad movies lately
Okay, I've finally finished my punishment! My friends Kim and Beth very kindly agreed to watch my horrible movie with me. We headed to the video rental store and walked around the store finding horrible looking movies and exclaiming: "Ohh, I don't want to see this!" "Ohhh, I realllllly don't want to watch this!" We finally decided on Big Mommas: Like Father Like Son. We also decided to get a bad looking movie that looked like it would be good in a bad way, if that makes sense. So we also rented Pop Star, a movie starring Aaron Carter as a, you guessed it, pop star, whose mom puts him back in public school to get a good education. Well, we first watched Big Mommas which was, surprisingly, not horrible just.... boring. Terribly, terribly boring. There was hardly anything engaging about the movie. There were horrible parts, of course, pretty much anything involving the "humor" of guys dressed up as girls trying to get covert spies in a girls' boarding school (the plot of the movie). We tried to figure out the ending of the movie as we watched it and hit the nail on the head (son wants to go into music, father wants him to go to college- movie ends with father agreeing to let son go into music and son saying he actually wants to go to college, ta da!)
It turns out that Pop Star was actually far, far worse than Big Mommas. Just absolutely horrible. Terrible movie! The highlight (in a bad way, of course) was in the beginning when Aaron Carter's mom tells him he's going back to school and he exclaims, "But I'm a pop star!!" in a high, squeaky, popstarry way. Oh, Aaron.
Well, I need to be quick because I'm off for movie night, so onto the meme:
The meme I found is called "Four Things," so here we go!
Four vacations you have taken:
1. Roadtrip down to Texas this past June
2. Orlando for the grand opening of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, June 2010
3. Connecticut and NYC this July to see Daniel Radcliffe in How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying
4. Mackinac Island with friends after graduating from high school
Four songs you get stuck in your head frequently:
1. Jingle Bells (I hum this at least once every month, probably)
2-4: Whatever song I just heard, there aren't really many songs that always get stuck in my head
Four things you'd like to learn:
2. More German
3. To do a full rotation jump in figure skating
4. Computer programming
Four beverages you drink frequently:
3. Tea with milk
Four TV shows that were on when you were a kid:
1. Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood
2. Bill Nye the Science Guy
3. Boy Meets World
4. The Magic School Bus
Four places to go in your area:
1. A lake
3. University campuses
4. ... other people's houses?
Four things to do when you're bored:
2. Read a book
3. Go for a walk
4. Watch a movie or tv
Four things that never fail to cheer you up:
1. My kitty
2. Harry Potter!
3. My favorite music
4. Thinking about what's going well instead of what's bad (cheesy, I know)
About 20 years ago...
1. I was two years old....
2-4: Not much more besides that!
About 10 years ago...
1. I was 12 years old.
2. I had discovered Harry Potter a few months back!
3. I was in seventh grade.
4. I had just gone to England.
About 5 years ago...
1. I was 17.
2. I had just finished my junior year of high school.
3. I was in synchronized swimming.
4. I had made new friends (Dan and Jeff) and was hanging out with them and the group a lot.
About 2 years ago...
1. I was... you guessed it, 20.
2. I was in college.
3. I had just figured out what I wanted to major in (Psychology and French).
4. I was happy at school finally.
About 1 year ago...
1. I was getting started on my senior honors thesis.
2. I was researching grad schools.
3. I was starting my French teaching application.
4. I was starting my senior year of college!
1. I watched more Buffy.
2. I did shopping for France.
3. I had toast for breakfast.
4. I watched An Education with my mom.
Four things that scare you:
2. Being forgotten
3-4: I'm... totally blanking on anything else.