Friday, September 9, 2011

Friday has watched some very bad movies lately


Okay, I've finally finished my punishment! My friends Kim and Beth very kindly agreed to watch my horrible movie with me. We headed to the video rental store and walked around the store finding horrible looking movies and exclaiming: "Ohh, I don't want to see this!" "Ohhh, I realllllly don't want to watch this!" We finally decided on Big Mommas: Like Father Like Son. We also decided to get a bad looking movie that looked like it would be good in a bad way, if that makes sense. So we also rented Pop Star, a movie starring Aaron Carter as a, you guessed it, pop star, whose mom puts him back in public school to get a good education. Well, we first watched Big Mommas which was, surprisingly, not horrible just.... boring. Terribly, terribly boring. There was hardly anything engaging about the movie. There were horrible parts, of course, pretty much anything involving the "humor" of guys dressed up as girls trying to get covert spies in a girls' boarding school (the plot of the movie). We tried to figure out the ending of the movie as we watched it and hit the nail on the head (son wants to go into music, father wants him to go to college- movie ends with father agreeing to let son go into music and son saying he actually wants to go to college, ta da!)

It turns out that Pop Star was actually far, far worse than Big Mommas. Just absolutely horrible. Terrible movie! The highlight (in a bad way, of course) was in the beginning when Aaron Carter's mom tells him he's going back to school and he exclaims, "But I'm a pop star!!" in a high, squeaky, popstarry way. Oh, Aaron.

Well, I need to be quick because I'm off for movie night, so onto the meme:


The meme I found is called "Four Things," so here we go!


Four vacations you have taken:
1. Roadtrip down to Texas this past June
2. Orlando for the grand opening of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, June 2010
3. Connecticut and NYC this July to see Daniel Radcliffe in How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying
4. Mackinac Island with friends after graduating from high school
Four songs you get stuck in your head frequently:
1. Jingle Bells (I hum this at least once every month, probably)
2-4: Whatever song I just heard, there aren't really many songs that always get stuck in my head
Four things you'd like to learn:
1. Swedish
2. More German
3. To do a full rotation jump in figure skating
4. Computer programming
Four beverages you drink frequently:
1. Water
2. Seltzer
3. Tea with milk
4. Milk
Four TV shows that were on when you were a kid:
1. Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood
2. Bill Nye the Science Guy
3. Boy Meets World
4. The Magic School Bus
Four places to go in your area:
1. A lake
2. Meijer
3. University campuses
4. ... other people's houses?
Four things to do when you're bored:
1. Internet!!
2. Read a book
3. Go for a walk
4. Watch a movie or tv
Four things that never fail to cheer you up:
1. My kitty
2. Harry Potter!
3. My favorite music
4. Thinking about what's going well instead of what's bad (cheesy, I know)
About 20 years ago...
1. I was two years old....
2-4: Not much more besides that!
About 10 years ago... 
1. I was 12 years old.
2. I had discovered Harry Potter a few months back!
3. I was in seventh grade.
4. I had just gone to England.
About 5 years ago...
1. I was 17.
2. I had just finished my junior year of high school.
3. I was in synchronized swimming.
4. I had made new friends (Dan and Jeff) and was hanging out with them and the group a lot.
About 2 years ago...
1. I was... you guessed it, 20.
2. I was in college.
3. I had just figured out what I wanted to major in (Psychology and French).
4. I was happy at school finally.
About 1 year ago...
1. I was getting started on my senior honors thesis.
2. I was researching grad schools.
3. I was starting my French teaching application.
4. I was starting my senior year of college!
Today...
1. I watched more Buffy.
2. I did shopping for France.
3. I had toast for breakfast.
4. I watched An Education with my mom.
Four things that scare you:
1. Moths!
2. Being forgotten
3-4: I'm... totally blanking on anything else.

2 comments:

  1. TOO MANY BAD MOVIES AAAHHH I feel dirty and stupid from them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhh, Pop Star was ridiculously terrible.

    I know I'm not part of that blog, but I feel like doing the meme.

    Four vacations you have taken:
    1. Orlando for the grand opening of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, June 2010
    2. Connecticut to visit your camp and NYC this July to see Daniel Radcliffe in How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying
    3. Toronto with you, Heather, Beth, and our moms spring break as high school seniors.
    4. Disney World when I was ten. I can't think of other vacations...

    Four songs you get stuck in your head frequently:
    1. Aladdin's "I Can Show You the World
    2. The Hobbiton song from the Fellowship of the Ring soundtrack.
    3. Christmans tunes
    4. Moulin Rouge's "Elephant Love Medley

    Four things you'd like to learn:
    1. Digital Animation
    2. 3D graphics
    3. Motion graphics
    4. book-binding

    Four beverages you drink frequently:
    1. Water
    2. milk
    3. black coffee
    4. hot tea

    Four TV shows that were on when you were a kid:
    1. Barney
    2. Boston Legal
    3. Boy Meets World
    4. Power Rangers (this was the only one I watched)

    Four places to go in your area:
    1. The Historical Museum
    2. the library
    3. Emagine Theatres and Star Lanes Restaurant and Sports Bar *wink*
    4. Friend's houses

    Four things to do when you're bored:
    1. Read a book
    2. Sketch
    3. Exercise
    4. Watch a movie or tv

    Four things that never fail to cheer you up:
    1. Being productive
    2. Harry Potter
    3. my sister
    4. a good book

    About 20 years ago...
    1. I was also two years old....
    2. I moved to Michigan with my family
    3. I got a Mickey Mouse doll and blanket from someone, that I still own and love.
    4. I probably cried a lot.

    About 10 years ago...
    1. I was 12 years old.
    2. I read Harry Potter for the first time
    3. I discovered Paint Shop Pro I think around this time.
    4. I decided I wanted to be an actress.

    About 5 years ago...
    1. I was 17.
    2. I realized I didn't want to be an actress, but a graphic designer
    3. I was in synchronized swimming.
    4. Finally excited about moving away from home.

    About 2 years ago...
    1. I was moving into an apartment for the first time.
    2. I was grateful to finally have plenty of art classes in my college schedule.
    3. I was already making movie posters.
    4. I had just met Satpreet!

    About 1 year ago...
    1. I was going back to college and scared of entering the real world in a year.
    2. I kept myself very busy by taking way too many classes and ultimately lightening it to join school clubs instead.
    3. I discovered my love of photography and wanted to pursue it beyond a hobby.
    4. I realized I wanted to move to L.A.

    Today...
    1. I woke up from my dad asking if I wanted to pay $600 to fix the car
    2. Did some graphic design work!
    3. Picked up my brother, who was stranded on the highway with his own piece-of-crap-smoking-from-the-hood vehicle.
    4. Didn't shower or brush my teeth due to the above :).

    Four things that scare you:
    1. Getting too comfortable
    2. Family dying
    3. Being dead
    4. Erm............... rats in NYC subways??

    ReplyDelete