Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Wednesday is nipping nostalgia in the bud

Christina: I have a penchant for used bookshops, too. It’s especially bad if there’s an antique book section… Welcome to how I decorate my apartment. Old books and old glass trinkets. And light. Lots of light. And welcome back to the States (tomorrow)!!!

Cassie: I’m glad to hear the performances went well! I heard several were tear-inducing. And I can’t say I’m surprised. You bring out beautiful things in those kids. And I can’t imagine Jeffrey’s hair French braided… Goodness.

Alexandra: I watched Skyrim being played for the first time tonight. Those are some beautiful graphics! If I had time, a game console, or a television bigger than 13”, I would consider playing.

So. My life.

Oh! Here’s something really fun and awesome. My girlfriend and I have some friends who are getting married in April, and they recently sent out their Save-the-Dates. And Meghan got one—addressed to both of us! We got our first piece of mail! I hugged the groom the next time I saw him. Once for hello, and once for OMGTHANKYOUTHATMADEMYDAY.

Also, I am 4.5 pages’ worth of a paper away from being done with my first semester of graduate school. I can’t believe how fast it has gone! This last paper, a statement of my theoretical orientation, is a bit of a b****, but it would have been easier to write if the class had in any way prepared me to write it. Oh well. It is all that stands between me and three weeks of deliciously relaxing break.

I’ve really enjoyed my time here. I’ve acclimated well to my new city, I’ve made some pretty awesome friends (most of whom are guys, regardless of the expectedly female-heaviness of my cohort), and Meghan and I are getting the hang of a long-distance relationship. It’s not always easy, but it is >100% worth it. That girl rocks.

I also can’t believe how long we’ve been at this blog project. Twelve weeks after this seems like a lot yet, but then I think back to the fact that we’ve already written forty posts each. That’s crazy. And we’ve all had some pretty cool life transitions in that time!

But this is hardly the time for a blogstalgia post. We’re not done yet, ladies! I’ll save the flashback-sequence writing for another time : )

Anyway, enjoy your weeks, everyone! I look forward to hearing from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment