Friday, December 2, 2011

Heroes, and not the tv show

I very nearly forgot that it was Friday and I had to post, but then I saw that Lex had uploaded her sarcaschicks video and I realized it was Friday! It's a sad statement on how big a part of my life youtube is that this is how I (apparently) now gauge the days of the week. .... yupp, it really is. Moving on....

Congratulations on winning NaNoWriMo Cassie!!

Who are my heroes? I have always been horrible at answering this question. I don't know if I really have heroes. I have people I look up to, are those technically heroes? Perhaps. Okay, the people I look up to! Like Cassie, I hated this question when I was younger because I never knew how to answer it. And I still don't, apparently. Looking back, I loved my fourth grade teacher Mr. Schmittle. He was awesome. I think I can count him as a hero from my childhood. I also loved my kindergarten teacher Mrs. Thompson. In hindsight I think she was one of my heroes back them, judging from how happy I would be to see her even when I wasn't in kindergarten anymore. A few years out of elementary school, in seventh grade, is when I discovered Harry Potter and, as cliché as it is, J.K. Rowling has been a hero of mine ever since. I look up to her for her intelligence, kindness, imagination, and natural elegance. She just has a wonderful presence to her. Throughout most of college I would have most likely said that Tina Fey was one of my heroes as well. I identified so much, and still do to an extent, with Liz Lemon and her. Looking back, however, I don't know how wise it is to emulate Liz Lemon because that manifests itself mainly through lots and lots of eating and watching tv. That's really why I identified with her though- those are two of my favorite activities... *hangs head*

These days I still count J.K. Rowling as one of my heroes. As I thought about this question I also realized that I have some personal heroes as well. I don't want to name any names, but I believe that I can count some close family friends as heroes of mine. They are so kind and welcome to me and everyone they meet really. They are really like extended family to me and I admire how welcoming and kind they are.

Well, I think I've exhausted my list of heroes. I'm surprised I came up with that many actually! I used to have so much trouble with it.

Okay, that's it for Friday- see you all next week!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for not naming my name. I would have been embarrassed.

    ReplyDelete