Christina: I’m glad to hear everything is working!
Cassie: Impressive NaNo word count! I hope it’s going well. And that you’re beating that brother of yours :P
Alexandra: Sounds like a great recipe! Well done.
For my own food, I had some help from a certain girlfriend. We teamed up on this meal first for ourselves and then for her family, and it turned out really well both times.
Stuffing-Stuffed, Bacon-Wrapped Chicken
Yields: Six filling servings
Prep time: ~10-15 minutes
Cook time: ~45 minutes
Three chicken breasts
1 box stuffing (Stove Top or other brand)
½ stick of butter
1 ½ C water
1 pound bacon
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Cook stuffing according to box instructions (using butter and water).
3. Slice defrosted chicken in half laterally, so you end up with two (six total) half-thickness breast fillets.
4. Using meat tenderizer, flatten each piece of chicken.
5. Lay out three strips of bacon side by side. Put flattened chicken on top of bacon.
6. Smush some stuffing on top of the chicken.
7. Starting at one end, roll the bacon-chicken-stuffing combination up.
8. Pull the bacon tight and pin together with toothpicks. (We had to used sharpened pieces of dowel first, as we had no toothpicks.)
9. Place on baking pan (perhaps lined with foil to make for easy cleaning).
10. Repeat steps 5-9 with each piece of chicken.
11. Bake for about 45 minutes.
12. During this time, cook the rest of the meal. Maybe boil some potatoes for mashing or heat up some green beans.
13. Enjoy! But be careful not to eat the toothpicks.
So that was my meal. It turned out really well, and we're going to perfect our methods and make it a staple in our kitchen.
Hope everyone is doing well!