Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Miss Wednesday, at your service!

Happy birthweek, Christina!!


Central question!:

What surprises most people to learn about me?… Man, what a question. I think a lot of things surprise people about me. You’d have to ask them, I suppose! But if I had to guess, I would probably say my flagrant lack of romantic experience. I was kissed for the first time this September, six-odd short months ago, at the age of 21. And man, they aren’t kidding when they tell you your first kiss is going to be awful… For real, though, I consider myself a pretty universally compatible person, and it surprises people (myself included, sometimes) to hear of my dismal batting average when it comes to dating.

As it should happen, I thought I’d have something new to report this week. I started seeing a new guy last Friday (almost two weeks ago), and we hit it off really well. “Awesome!” I thought to myself. “I’ll get to blog about a new dating record!” But to no avail—while he was nice to me, he was kind of a jerk in general, doing things like labeling others as “annoying”… because they cared about people too much.

“Are you kidding me??” I thought to myself. “You think he’s annoying because of how much he cares about people?? You’re out of here.”

There were other things a bit off about him, not the least of which was his blatant physical agenda (see paragraph 1 of this post for reasons that might NOT be okay with me), so things ended.

Record maintained.



More question responses!:

I don’t think I ever said what my own patronus would be! I think it might be an axolotl (http://www.google.com/images?q=axolotl&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1029&bih=743, if you don’t know what an axolotl is) because they are really awesome. Or maybe a white buffalo, because they are my favorite animal and surprisingly huge and majestic. Perhaps a penguin, because they always seem to be enjoying life so much. Then again, there’s the squirrel… It’s probably more buffalo than anything. I didn’t think about that enough before asking all of you!


What makes my blood boil… There isn’t much in this world that makes me angry (I can pretty much think of a situation in which almost any ostensibly horrible thing would probably be justifiable), but two things make my soul break. One is inequality (as addressed in Christina and Alexandra’s posts). The other is suicide.

It’s ridiculous to think that some people just don’t get certain rights. Stigma can be a bitch, and some of them for halfway-decent reasons (evolutionarily, at least), but I hate hate hate that some people think it’s okay to devalue others. I don’t care if someone possesses every single stigma imaginable; that person is still just as worthy of love and value and inalienable human rights as someone entirely stigma-less. I have a really hard time personally living up to my own standards with this one; some people are just hard to care about. But they still deserve it.

And suicide… I am in favor of assisted suicide for terminally ill people whose quality of life is irreparably miserable, and I would not want to live in a vegetative state on life support. But none of that is what I’m talking about. I’ll have to save my deeper thoughts on this for soapbox week… suffice it to say I have a lot of thoughts.


Ah, the topic of best friends! I do have a best friend. That is my roommate, Ashley. I don’t know what it is about our friendship, or when it happened, but somewhere along the way, she became part of my heart. She’s boisterous and has more personality in her little fingernail than most people have in their whole little finger, and she has been remarkably good for me in the past few years. We’re good for each other, I think. Since meeting her two years ago, I have become a more open, outgoing, thoughtful person.

I also subscribe to the idea that you don’t have to sacrifice quality for quantity. I have a lot of friends (something I couldn’t say even a couple years ago), and I honestly love each of them in very individualized ways. I could talk for hours about all of them. Can we have a week about that? I want to know about y’all’s friends. They really make life worth living.


My next question for you all: What is your favorite thing about the internet? Site, meme, webcomic, network, etc…


Catch ya tomorrow, Casey!

No comments:

Post a Comment