I love lists, so I love this week's theme! I'm pretty bad at getting my thoughts down on paper; I get all caught up in what to say first, how to say it, etc. and I like writing lists because, for me, I don't really have to think about how to say something, I can just say it.
There's something wonderful about beautiful, sunny days mixed with a great song. For me there are few things that can compare to that feeling you get when a great songs comes up on shuffle while you're walking outside/driving/riding a bus/what have you. So, I present to you my top ten list:
Songs for a beautiful day (in no particular order)
1. "Eddie's Gun"- The Kooks - link
2. "Mr. Brightside"- The Killers - link
*My all time favorite song of all time. OF ALL TIME. (I love it so much that I feel the need to drag out old, tired memes.)
3. "Baby Fratelli" - The Fratellis - link
4. "Blacking Out The Friction" - Death Cab For Cutie - link
*Not as peppy as the others, especially good for driving and bus rides.
5. "Ready My Mind" - The Killers - link
6. "Time to Pretend" - MGMT - link
7. "Hurts Like Heaven" - Coldplay - link
*As David Tennant would say, "Coldplay.... are really good. Deal with it."
8. "Friday Night" - The Darkness - link
9. "Crooked Teeth" - Death Cab For Cutie - link
*Just brings me right back to spring/summertime in high school.
10. "12:51" - The Strokes - link
Enjoy! Maybe you'll even find some new music!