Friday, February 17, 2012

Friday's Top Ten "Songs for a beautiful day"

I love lists, so I love this week's theme! I'm pretty bad at getting my thoughts down on paper; I get all caught up in what to say first, how to say it, etc. and I like writing lists because, for me, I don't really have to think about how to say something, I can just say it.

There's something wonderful about beautiful, sunny days mixed with a great song. For me there are few things that can compare to that feeling you get when a great songs comes up on shuffle while you're walking outside/driving/riding a bus/what have you. So, I present to you my top ten list:

Songs for a beautiful day (in no particular order)

1. "Eddie's Gun"- The Kooks - link

2. "Mr. Brightside"- The Killers - link

*My all time favorite song of all time. OF ALL TIME. (I love it so much that I feel the need to drag out old, tired memes.)

3. "Baby Fratelli" - The Fratellis - link

4. "Blacking Out The Friction" - Death Cab For Cutie - link

*Not as peppy as the others, especially good for driving and bus rides.

5. "Ready My Mind" - The Killers - link

6. "Time to Pretend" - MGMT - link

7. "Hurts Like Heaven" - Coldplay - link

*As David Tennant would say, "Coldplay.... are really good. Deal with it."

8. "Friday Night" - The Darkness - link

9. "Crooked Teeth" - Death Cab For Cutie - link

*Just brings me right back to spring/summertime in high school.

10. "12:51" - The Strokes - link

Enjoy! Maybe you'll even find some new music!


No comments:

Post a Comment