Friday, March 9, 2012

Goodbye for now, Facets!

I've said it several times before and I'll say it again, I still can't believe a year has already passed and our little experiment is ending. Yes, like Cassie said, maybe it didn't turn out how we expected, but I've had a good time and enjoyed getting to know you girls over the past year. Without even noticing, Facets became an ingrained part of my life. Next week is certainly going to feel bizarre without any posts from you all! I know I will be popping back every now and then to read and give updates and I hope to see you here as well in the future. :)

Looking at the year's worth of tags over on the right hand side of the page is making me get all sentimental now... I'm going to miss this!

2022... ten years in the future is a scary time to think about.

Casey: I'm also sorry we lost you so early. You come into my thoughts every so often and I hope you also think of us! I hope everything is going well with you and maybe some day you'll think of us, check out the blog, and update us about your life. :)

Alexandra: I'm sorry we didn't hear from you the last month, but I'm happy that we got to know you over the past year. I hope that it wasn't anything bad that caused your absence. In the future, I hope you are still happily married and have gotten your Canadian residency like you wanted! I admire your conviction and how fully-formed your beliefs are. I hope you're still just as passionate, accepting, and creative! I hope, also, that some of your work has been published and you are happily writing more.

Cassie: Thank you for putting this whole scheme together, it was a great experience and I'm so glad we all did it! I hope that ten years' time finds you happy and where you want to be. I hope your plans for grad school worked out and that you got to live in Boston. I hope you're just as happy doing what you love and that you still feel your work is as rewarding as you do now. Keep being creative, motivated, and driven. You brought five different girls together and made it possible for us to get to know each other and be exposed to different lives. You did not forget to be awesome!

Carlyn: It's been wonderful watching you, over the past year, find such happiness! I hope you're still happily with Meghan. I hope you've successfully finished your grad program and are happy with your career, helping and changing lives. I will miss this project and hearing from you and all the other girls. I also hope you'll stop by every now and then and give us an update! (And I hope the same for every one of us!)

And as for me? I can hardly comprehend being 32, nearly 33, in ten years! I hope that you're happy, really. Whether single, married, kids, no kids... I just hope you're happy! If all goes according to plan, you'll have a PhD or MA, I wonder what it is! (I'm hoping for PhD right now.) Maybe you've discovered some cool language acquisition-related thing by now!

For everyone, really, my biggest hope is that you're happy and where you want to be in life!

As I've said, I'm really going to miss this little part of all of our weeks. I especially have valued recording a bit of our lives each week. In order to keep doing that I'm going to (finally!) start writing in my personal blog here: www.cest-christina.blogspot.com If you're ever curious about what I'm up to, you can drop by and see. :) I'll also stop by here every now and then to see what is happening in your lives and leave an update myself.

Well, I think the time's come... I've been putting it off, but it's time to end the last post of our year- but not of the blog!

As a great man once said, "It's not really goodbye, after all."

No comments:

Post a Comment